Collective Resources and Reading
On the web
- Henry Cameron, MA A therapist based out of Portland, Oregon, Henry Cameron’s blog posts combine his experience as a therapist, along with humor and great insights. He also offers therapy sessions via Skype.
2. The Narcissist in Your Life, Linda Martinez-Lewi, PhD
Her book uses examples of people who are on the more severe end of the spectrum for NPD. She also offers telephone sessions. Visit her blog.
3. Stigma Fighters – A mental health non-profit dedicated to helping real people living with mental illness.
4. Shrink Talk by: Rob Dobrenski, PhD
5. Healthy Place – Healthy Place is one of the largest, comprehensive mental health sites on the web today. They feature an online mental health support network: blogs, forums, expert information, resources, and directories. A great community.
6. After Psychotherapy, by: Joseph Burgo, PhD – A psychotherapist who discusses various topics from bipolar disorder to sexuality. He also offers online therapy sessions via Skype.
7. Yellowbrick Blog – Yellowbrick’s mission is to provide full spectrum, specialized approach to the emotional, physical and developmental challenges of emerging young adults. The blog provides advice, support and insights on emerging adulthood. Visit them here.
8. Drug Rehab “DrugRehab.com is a web resource provided and funded by Advanced Recovery Systems (ARS). ARS is an integrated behavioral health care management organization dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues.”
Free from Lies by: Alice Miller (Really anything by Alice Miller)
The Gift of Therapy: An open letter to a new generation of therapists and their patients by: Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Healing the Shame That Binds You by: John Bradshaw